Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kara's Wish

When I was 15 years old I was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. I was granted a wish by the Make-A-Wish foundation of Utah. I Wished to be a photographer. I was given the opportunity to meet two of Utahs finest photographers. They gave me some hands-on personal time and encouragement. I was also given some photography equipment to help get me started.

I didn't feel well enough to do much and I was immune suppressed for several years. That gave me the time and opportunity to learn how to use the camera and lighting. I had lot's of family and friends to practice on. My dad was a great help and inspiration to me. We worked on it together and have become a great team. I am now completely well from my cancer and I am attending college and working full-time. You can play my wish video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment